Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tasty Tuesday!!

Today I'm linking up with Tasty Tuesdays!
This weekend i did some good ole home cooking! Nothing makes me more happier than being in the kitchen for a SHORT amount of time whipping up new recipes with Bella. This kid LOVES to cook! I tried one old recipe that i have had before and one completly new recipe and both were big hits!! I invited the family over for a big ole family pot of chicken enchilada STEW not soup :) Theres a very big difference!

This is the EASIEST recipe ever and you could probably 1/2 it if you weren't cooking for a ton of people.
I found this reicpe in a crockpot cookbook but i changed it quite a bit!



-6 cans chicken-Sometimes i cook and shredd chieckn but i was being lazy on Sunday
-3 cans enchilada sauce
-2 cans chicken broth
-2 cans corn
-2 cans green chiles
-2 large cans stewed tomatoes
-1 box bow tie pasta

Dump everything in crockpot except the pasta

Boil the pasta and then add that in the crock pot

Cook on low 6-8 hours.

The recipe before didn't call for any type of noodles hints why im calling this a STEW and not a soup its very thick but very Delicious :)





 I found this recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies they were super easy to make!!!



Here is the recipe

*1 1/2 cups sugar
*3/4 cup oil
*1 cup canned pumpkin
*2 1/2 cups flour
*1 Teaspoon baking powder
*1 Teaspoon baking soda
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 Teaspoon vanilla
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 cup chocolate chips.

I am not the prettiest cook so i just through everything in the bowl except the chocolate chips and mixed it up and then added in the chocolate chips and baked at 350* for 10 minutes.

These cookies were AMAZING. i may or may not have bought another can of pumpkin to make them again this weekend :)





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipes! I especially love enchiladas and I love my crockpot, so I just might give this a try this weekend! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love anything with pumpkin so these look perfect!

    i am an illini alum,i love in northern il though :)

    cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete