Friday, September 21, 2012

Katie,24,Illinois

Today i am linking up with Kelly's Korner for Singles Friday! So today will be all about Me!!!

I am 24 years old born in April. I live in a very small farming town in central Illinois. I am a country girl at heart and love hoodie and bonfire weather all while wearing my coach purse :)

  First and foremost i am a Mommy to a beautiful 2 1/2 year old Isabella! I will NEVER say that she was an accident but more like the best blessing on earth..Isahella's dad and i have never been "together" we have since day one "co-raised" her. From the time she was 1 day old until the day she turned 2 years old he came to my house every single day after work to see her and hang out with her and then would go home after she went to sleep. The day she turned 2 years old it was time for this mamma to come to the realization that she and her dad needed one on one time with each other. Now she goes to his house on Tuesday & Thursdays until 830pm and then he brings her home for bed. Every other weekend he picks her up at 10am on Saturday and i pick her up from him at 10am on Sunday. This is what works for us. We are friends and will only remain friends he is engaged to be married and also has a 6 month old boy. I am thankful that her dad is in her life and that we can be friends.

I come from a very large family and Bella and I are blessed that we are usually always surrounded by family. Almost all of my family lives in the same small town as Bella and I.

I work full time for a large apartment company on the University of Illinois campus. I am the office manager and am in charge of 14 employees plus keeping around 4000 students happy. I love my job. I have worked for this company part time since i was 15 years old.

I love to cook and entertain the problem is to find the time to do it. I do a lot of cooking on the weekends and usually have my family over for a big dinner on Sundays. If it weren't for the crock pot Bella and i wouldn't eat during the week :)
I bought what i like to call Bella and I's "starter home" in April of 2011. It was a definite fixer upper and we didn't move in until July 2011. I love our home and its the perfect size 3 bedroom 1 bathroom 1 car garage for the two of us!

In my free time when Bella is with her dad I like to watch the Fighting Illini Football & Basketball teams, St Louis Cardinals & Chicago Bears. I am a definite sports girl but love to also curl up with a glass of wine and a good chick flick. Also my parents own a bar so i like to go there and mingle/ hang out with my best friends.

Bella & Mommy! Bellas 2 year pictures!

Best friends since Grade school!

My friend Jen & Myself

Favorite place on earth. Aka Busch Stadium

Cardinals game with my mom!

Best friends since the day sara was born all 9 days after me :)

A day in Chicago with my baby girl!

4th of July parade!

BEATIFUL country living!



She loves her cardinals also!


Could be my favorite drink! Margarits anyone?


Never to old to booze cruise with the best friends :)

Any questions feel free to comment with your email :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm always so impressed by single mamma's - a few of my friends are also, and I can see firsthand it's no easy task but they all say the same as you, the greatest surprise blessing ever. I'm so glad you and her daddy are able to make things work out for all of you.

    ReplyDelete